Volunteer Performer Application
EL PUEBLO DE LOS ANGELES HISTORICAL MONUMENT
125 PASEO DE LA PLAZA, SUITE 400
LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
- Entertainer(s) is/are assigned in the Plaza area only, unless specified by the Monument’s Events and Promotions Division staff.
- Entertainer(s) will be allowed to have a stationary donation box. PLEASE DO NOT PASS YOUR DONATION BOX AROUND OR ASK FOR A SPECIFIC DONATION AMOUNT.
- Performers will be issued an Entertainment Schedule on a monthly basis. Based upon the needs of the Monument, your schedule may be subject to change at any time.
- The Monument does not provide sound systems, stage lighting or dressing rooms. Electricity is available surrounding the Plaza/Kiosko area (see attached map).
- If a performer is unable to keep their scheduled time, the Monument ass that Special Event Staff be notified 48 hours in advance so other arrangements can be made to fill the vacancy.
- The Monument will provide a complimentary parking pass(es) (valid for THREE hours only during scheduled performances) to Monument’s parking facility (See Volunteer Entertainer Parking Agreement). Parking will be made available to entertainers at Lot # 4, 426 North Los Angeles Street (across from the Firehouse). No passes are needed after 4:00pm Monday thru Friday and 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. You are responsible to pay for any parking fees at all other Monument lots.
- Entertainers are asked to dress in traditional costume and maintain a clean and neat appearance during their scheduled performances.
- The Monument absolutely will not tolerate anyone who abuses their schedule or engages in any aggressive physical/verbal behavior.
- Failure to comply with all any portion of this agreement may result in immediate termination this contract. (see attached Rules for performing on Monument Premises)
The undersigned shall hold harmless the City of Los Angeles, El Pueblo Historical Monument and their officers, employees and agents, and shall defend them against any claims, which any arise as a result of its operations within the Monument facilities, except for the active negligence or tortuous conduct of the City of Los Angeles.